Course Content and How to Participate
This summer semester THEORY meets MAKERSPACE! Interested in hands-on experiences all about Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Photonics? Then the course “Innovation Methods in Photonics” (4 CP) is the right place for you!
- Understand innovation processes and develop an entrepreneurial skill set @lectures,
- Gain knowledge in rapid prototyping technologies and creativity techniques in @workshops,
- Use the technologies of the Lichtwerkstatt Makerspace to work in teams on your own @innovation challenges!
The course is intended for all master students of photonics and physics of the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena. Enrol now via Friedolin for both, the lecture and exercise!
- Innovation Methods in Photonics: LECTURE –> enroll now
- Innovation Methods in Photonics: EXERCISE –> enroll now
Enjoy your Makerspace
During the semester you will work hands-on on one specific „Innovation challenges“. To ensure a good fit between your personal interests and skills you can pick one project out of an innovation project pool. The projects cover topics like microscopy, optical simulation, quantum optics and machine learning.
The makerspace mentors and technologies (e.g. 3d-printing, 3d-scanners, laser cutter, AR/VR goggles, micrcontroller, vacuum former) will facilitate and support your individual innovation journey. To get an impression about the photonics innovation projects below are two examples.